Last updated: 29/05/2019
- 1. Pevans East Africa Limited may sometimes act as a data controller and understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
- 3. In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|"Account"||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|"Cookie"||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;|
|"Our Site"||means this website, www.sportpesa.co.ke;|
|Kenyan Law||means The Constitution of Kenya, the Access to Information Act and the Kenya Information and Communications Act.|
|Personal data||means as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. It can include obvious identifiers like your name but also identification numbers, online identifiers and/or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.|
|GDPR||General Data Protection Regulation in the European Union|
|EEA||European Economic Area|
|PEP||A Politically Exposed Person (PEP) means a person who has been entrusted with a prominent
public function in a country or jurisdiction including:
- 4. Our Site, www.sportpesa.co.ke is owned and operated by Pevans East Africa Limited, Nyaku House, Argwings Kodhek Road, Hurlingham, Nairobi.
- 5. The site may only be accessed by Persons in Kenya.
6. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
7. What Data Do We Collect?
- 7.1. Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site for further details, please see section
submit it and consent to Us using it for the purposes set out in section 8, for example, when
signing up for an Account. Data may also be collected from third party sources to assist us with
background and other checks as part of meeting our regulatory obligations. Depending upon your use
of Our Site, we may collect some or all of the following data:
- a) Name;
- b) date of birth;
- c) gender;
- d) Identification (ID) Card / passport number;
- e) Occupation / source of living / source of wealth;
- f) contact information such as physical addresses, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- g) demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- h) financial information such as credit / debit card numbers and bank account information;
- i) IP address (automatically collected);
- j) web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- k) operating system (automatically collected);
- l) a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
8. How Do We Use Your Data?
- 8.1. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with Kenyan Law and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) where applicable. For more details on security see section 9, below
- 8.2. We use your data to provide the best possible online experience and gambling services to you.
- 8.2.1. Providing and managing your Account;
- 8.2.2. Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- 8.2.3. Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- 8.2.4. Supplying Our products and services to you;
- 8.2.5. Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- 8.2.6. Responding to communications from you;
- 8.2.7. Supplying you with emails e.g. newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to by ticking the appropriate box in the registration process (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or texting "stop" or "unsubscribe" to the short code 79079.;
- 8.2.8. Market research
- 8.2.9. Analysing your use of Our Site [and gathering feedback] to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- 8.2.10. Ensuring the legality of supplying our services from the location you are accessing from;
- 8.2.11. Reduction of Fraud, cheating and Money Laundering risk;
- 8.2.12. Monitoring and detection of problem gambling risk;
- 8.2.13. Liaising with third parties to help verify your identity, credit worthiness, source of funds and wealth against independent information sources they may hold.
- 8.2.14. Comply with obligations as set out in our terms and conditions (contractual obligations)
- 8.2.15. Comply with licensing and regulatory requirements
- 8.3. In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- 8.4. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR text message AND/OR post with information, news and offers on Our products AND/OR services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under Kenyan Law and, where applicable the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- 8.5. We will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently,
without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of
the following applies:
- 8.5.1. you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- 8.5.2. processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- 8.5.3. processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- 8.5.4. processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- 8.5.5. processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- 8.5.6. processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
9. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- 9.1. We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 8, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Information Security Policy and Data Protection Policy.
- 9.2. Some or all of your data will be stored in Kenya. You are deemed to accept and agree to this by
using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside Kenya, we
will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it
would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use
of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage in the use of the
EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements. We have put in place the following safeguards to protect
- 9.2.1. 3rd Party Assurance that 3rd party complies with GDPR and Kenyan Law,
- 9.2.2. Model Clauses agreed and approved from the EU,
- 9.2.3. Contractual clauses that stipulate specific controls aligned with our internal policies, as stated in 9.2,
- 9.2.4. Security and Data Protection notification with set Service Level Agreements,
- 9.2.5. Right to Audit
- 9.2.6. Information security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- 9.3. Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- 9.3.1. Dedicated Information Security team and operations
- 9.3.2. Annual review and external audit
- 9.3.3. Alignment with ISO 27001 and operational Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- 9.3.4. Continuous Improvement project of all security controls
- 9.4. Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
10. Do We Share Your Data?
- 10.1. We may share your data with other companies in Our group. This includes Our affiliated companies conducting the same business.
- 10.2. We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- 10.3. We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifiable information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- 10.4. In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
11. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- 11.2. In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
12. How Can You Control Your Data?
- 12.1. When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing registration AND/OR by managing your Account).
13. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
- 13.1. You may in some cases access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all.
However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or
allow for the collection of certain data.
- 13.1.2. You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section in 8 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 15. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
14. How Can You Access Your Data?
- 14.1. You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com and request how to ask for a subject access request.
15. What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
- 15.2. All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Kenyan Law, English and EU Cookie Law.
- 15.3. Before any Cookies are placed on your computer or device, subject to section 15.5 AND/OR section 15.7, you will be shown a pop-up, message bar etc requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first party Cookies and block third party Cookies.
- 15.4. Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 15.5. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 15.9, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- 15.5. The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie Purpose Strictly Necessary spkessid Used for session tracking, prevention of fraud and securing your browsing. Yes locale Stores the preferred language by the customer. Yes device_view Stores the preferred view of the customer. Yes cookies_consented Used to record and remember customer’s choice on cookies. Yes
and the following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Name of Cookie Provider Purpose _ga Google analytics identification data.
- 15.6. Our Site uses analytics services provided by google analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- 15.7. The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Site and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below in section 15.9.
- 15.8. The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies:
Name of Cookie First / Third Party Provider Purpose _ga Third Google analytics identification data.
- 15.9. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- 15.10. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- 15.11. It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
16. Summary of Your Rights under Kenyan Law and the GDPR
Under various Laws, you have:
- 16.1. the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- 16.2. the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- 16.3. be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- 16.4. the right to restrict processing;
- 16.5. the right to data portability;
- 16.6. object to processing of your personal data;
- 16.7. rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 17 below).
17. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
- 17.1. In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, you have the right to challenge such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
- 17.2. The right described in section 17.1 does not apply in the following circumstances:
- 17.2.1. The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
- 17.2.2. The decision is authorised by law; or
- 17.2.3. You have given you explicit consent.
- 17.3. Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- 17.3.1. Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- 17.3.2. Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- 17.3.3. Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- 17.3.4. All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
- 17.4. We currently make the following automated decisions:
- 17.4.1. PEPs and Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- 17.4.2. Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism funding
- 17.4.3. Problem Gambling monitoring and detection
- 17.4.4. Supplying rates and odds
- 17.5. We currently profile your personal data for the following purposes:
- 17.5.1. Ensuring correct geographical version of the platform is presented
- 17.5.2. Ensuring correct technical platform version of the platform is presented
- 17.5.3. Ensuring correct language version of the platform is presented
- 17.5.4. Ensuring correct odds are offered
- 17.5.5. Ensuring the correct time on the site is presented
18. Contacting Us